“The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.”
-Allan K. Chalmers
- Something to do? Are you already pursuing your passion in life? Are you working towards it?
- I for one, know what I want to do and I’m working towards getting there. Like everyone, I’ve faced my own setbacks in the process, but I’m still working towards it, and have never lost hope in myself or that dream, even if others have.
- Something to love? Have you found your life partner? Do you love your career? Your job?Have you found your passion?
- I believe happiness comes through purpose. A great book on finding purpose is Viktor Frankl’s “Man Search for Meaning.”
- One of my lifelong friends lives a considerably alternative life, his career path has been unique to say the least. He’s a risk taker and I admire that quality in him; he’s not afraid to pursue his passions. I know his alternative career bothers him, in that he feels others don’t admire his work, even though he does it so well. It’s clear he is passionate about it, I’m unsure why he seeks the approval of others outside of his line of work though.
- Something to hope for? If you’re still working towards #’s 1 & 2, are you hopeful they’ll come true?
- Belief in oneself and faith that your hard work will pay off are the keys to success.
Do you have an answer to all three?